Simple Oven Dried Tomatoes
One of the tastiest ways to savor the treats of Summer. These oven dried tomatoes are extremely simple, delicious and very versatile in the kitchen. We love to harvest cherry, plum and grape tomato varieties as shown above, and make this recipe in large batches. These can be enjoyed immediately or frozen for later use, and they make a lovely Farm to Table gift for friends and family.
Let’s get cooking!
1 Large bowl of cherry, grape, and/or plum tomatoes
Organic white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to the lowest setting (Mine sets at 170 degrees Farhenheit).
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Pour equal parts water and white vinegar into a bowl.
4. Slice your tomatoes in half and dunk them into the water/vinegar solution.
5. Scoop tomatoes out with a slotted spoon to and place seed side up onto the prepared baking sheets.
6. Prop oven door open slightly with a hard wooden spoon while baking, to allow excess moisture to be released.
7. Bake for 6 hours checking periodically, the tomatoes should be dry but still pliable.
8. Enjoy immediately or freeze for later.
Monitor your oven temperature and baking time during your first attempt of this recipe to be sure you achieve your desired consistency. Temperature and cooking time may vary slightly.
Enjoy these delicious morsels marinated in olive oil and herbs, cooked into sauces, sprinkled on salads, blended into creamy spreads and so much more!